The target of this Performance Tuning training course is SQL Server DBA’s, developers, architects or IT professionals who have average to good T-SQL skills already. This class assumes that you have a good understanding of SQL Server fundamentals. For example, you should know and use the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) interface and associated toolbox items before attending this class.
In addition to the above, in order to follow along with in-class demonstrations (not a requirement for attending) you will need a computer with the following
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Windows 7, Windows 8 desktop or
- Microsoft Windows 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 server operating system
- 2GHz or faster CPU
- 2GB of available RAM (recommended 4 GB)
- 40GB of free hard drive space
- SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition, Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition including the client tools and Books Online
- Most demonstrations will work on SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2, those that will not will be pointed out.
- AdventureWorks2008or AdventureWorks2012 and AdventureWorksDW2008 or AdventureWorksDW2012databases installed on the instance. These sample databases can be found at www.codeplex.com.
*Please note that all sample code and demonstration will be given to the attendees. However to keep the class on schedule we will not be assisting each student in the execution of the demonstrations while the class is actively in session. We will be available before, after, and during class breaks to take questions with regards to individual results while running sample code and demonstrations.