Day 1: Discovery and Design
Review the data sources in our Boot Camp Lab and establish presentation layer goals for the week’s BI solution. Design conceptual database diagram for data warehouse.
Day 2: Data Model & ETL
Design the data model and physical database for fact tables and related dimensions. Build an SSIS framework to load the data warehouse. Integrate/enhance warehouse with public data sources.
Day 3: Cubing With SSAS Multidimensional
Learn OLAP cube technology with SSAS on top of the data warehouse and KPI functionality. Design the cube and load it.
Day 4: Power Pivot / Tabular and Presentation Layer
Start the day learning about the other Analysis Services with Power Pivot and Tabular. Then, start a tour of the many data presentation options that are available in the Microsoft stack. Build a sample SSRS report(s) using the cube and data warehouse. Connect SharePoint BI Dashboard with KPI’s to Cube and fact tables. Excel pivot tables for ad hoc analysis. Generate solution documentation set.
Day 5: Presentation Layer and Review
Demonstrate other presentation layer options like Power View. Review Best practices and Planning a BI project.
Key Features and Benefits
- Post Boot Camp assistance: You are provided a USB with the the full solution and the key data sources. Plus the boot camp includes an hour of our VM services for follow-up assistance.
- Tools: To increase our productivity you’ll be using our best of breed BI developer tools to build the ETL and cube.
- Lunch is included every day
Every BI Boot Camp also includes:
- Solution documentation set
- BI xPress 3 month term license
- Post Boot camp Virtual Mentoring (1 hour)
Please Note: You do not need to bring a Laptop